Truck Accident Lawyer in Canal Point, FL
If you were involved in a truck accident in or around Canal Point, FL, our truck accident lawyer can help. Contact Shannon J. Sagan, PA, today at 1-800-352-5299 for your free case evaluation.
Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accidents are more common than anyone would like to believe, and unfortunately, more and more happen each year. Fatal large truck accidents across the U.S. increased in frequency by 33% between 2011 and 2020.
In 2020, commercial trucks accounted for 9% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes across the country. Over 4,000 truck accident victims died in large truck crashes that year.
Large truck accidents can prove devastating for all parties involved. If you are a victim of a large truck accident in Florida, our Canal Point truck accident lawyers can help you claim compensation.
Common Causes of Large Truck Accidents in Florida
When a truck driver is at fault in an accident, there may be several causes at play. A few common causes of large truck accidents include:
- Truck driver negligence, due to failing to follow traffic laws or falling asleep at the wheel.
- Truck company negligence, due to failing to provide proper training, neglecting to inspect the truck regularly, or requiring the driver to work unsafe hours.
- Truck manufacturer negligence, due to producing faulty or malfunctioning truck parts
Determining who is at fault is the first step in claiming compensation. Our law firm serves clients in Canal Point and throughout Southeast Florida, helping gather evidence to establish fault.
Claiming Compensation After a Truck Accident
As a truck accident victim, you can claim compensation in one of two ways: an insurance claim or a lawsuit. In some cases, you may be able to use both methods to seek a payout.
When you file an insurance claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, the insurer may refuse to offer adequate compensation. Your attorney can help you negotiate a higher offer or take the case to court to increase your payout.
You can consider taking legal action against the at-fault party or against the insurance company to seek a higher offer. You may decide to sue the at-fault party if:
- They do not have adequate liability insurance
- Their insurance coverage limits are not high enough to accommodate your damages
- They acted egregiously to cause the accident, leading you to seek punitive damages that punish them for their behavior
Whether you decide to go the insurance claim or lawsuit route, you can request compensation for the following:
- Economic damages, such as medical bills, damage to your vehicle, lost wages, loss of ability to work.
- Non-economic damages, such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life.
Navigating the compensation process can be overwhelming, but having legal representation on your side can help you through this process.
Contact Our Qualified Truck Accident Lawyer Team in Canal Point, FL
When you hire a truck accident lawyer, you pass the stress and responsibility of your claim over to a qualified, experienced attorney. Contact the Law Offices of Shannon J. Sagan, PA, today at 1-800-352-5299 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
Start Your Free Consultation Today
Call us or complete the form below.
We'll keep your information confidential.
Belle Glade Office
By Appointment Only