According to recent statistics reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) :
- Over 2,220 people are killed in motorcycle accidents every year.
- Over 55,000 bikers and riders are injured in motorcycle crashes each year across the U.S.
- Almost 80 percent of motorcycle accidents lead to death.
- Motorcycle fatalities rose 10 percent between 2003 and 2007.
Florida is a popular location of choice for bikers and riders because of the beautiful weather, scenery, and roadways. Florida motorcycle accident statistics show that motorcycle accidents typically account for a high number of severe traffic accidents resulting in brain injury, broken bones, paralysis, and death. Tragically, many Florida motorcycle accidents were unavoidable by the motorcyclist who was injured or killed but could have been more easily avoided by the other vehicle driver who caused it. It is our mission at Shannon J. Sagan, P.A. to research and understand the complex aspects of Florida motorcycle accident cases, including:
- Florida vehicle laws pertaining to motorcyclists
- Motorcycle accident analysis and piecing together of circumstances surrounding the incident
- Roadway design and architecture as it relates to motorcyclists
- Motorcycle design and manufacturing issues
Florida law does not require all motorcycle drivers to wear protective helmets. Below is the statute:
316.211 Equipment for motorcycle and moped riders. —
“a person over 21 years of age may operate or ride upon a motorcycle without wearing protective headgear securely fastened upon his or her head if such person is covered by an insurance policy providing for at least $10,000 in medical benefits for injuries incurred as a result of a crash while operating or riding on a motorcycle.”
Palm Beach County Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
Our law firm serves all of the cities in the Palm Beach County area, we are ready to handle your motorcyle accident case. We will file all the claims for you. We know that as a result of a motorcycle accident a person can suffer severe injuries, medical and rehabilitative expenses, physical and mental pain and suffering, loss of income, and other expenses. Shannon J. Sagan will fight for your case and will get you the compensation you deserve. Let’s get started!
You will not pay any costs or attorney fees until we resolve your case and collect money damages for you through a settlement or jury verdict.