5 Tips for Selecting a Lawyer for Your Florida Multi-Car Accident
Florida multi-car collisions typically occur on high-speed and high-capacity routes and freeways such as: Interstate 95 (I-95), Florida Turnpike, Interstate 75 (I-75), Interstate 4 (I-4), Alligator Alley, and US Highway 27. These accidents can also be the deadliest.
When an accident involves several vehicles, establishing fault can be tricky. Not to mention, there are often multiple insurance companies involved, all trying to ease their own liability, and shift the blame on to the next person. This means there can be multiple parties to blame for different components of the crash. Therefore, it is essential you hire an experienced Florida Attorney who has the knowledge and experience to handle these types of cases. One who can help guide you through the legal process.
Here are some ways a Florida Lawyer can help you in a multi-car collision:
- Locate and communicate with all insurance companies involved
- Determine insurance coverage for all parties
- Determine what types of coverages you may have and how they can help/affect your case
- Help determine or narrow down the cause of the crash
- Determine what parties are responsible
- Whether you are to blame for all or part of the accident and if so, whether you even have a case
- Assist in obtaining quality medical care for your injury
- Gather all necessary information through investigation, research, and witnesses
- Assist in getting your car repaired or another vehicle if yours is totaled
- Help get any lost wages as a result of missing time from work
- Assist in making sure medical bills are paid by the responsible insurance companies
- Help get a settlement for pain and suffering, lost wages, permanent injuries, and other damages
Here are a few tips you should keep in mind when looking for a Florida Personal Injury lawyer:
- Hire an Experienced Lawyer: It is imperative you hire a lawyer who understands and has experience handling cases involving multi-car crashes.
- Dedication to Your Case: While it is perfectly normal for an experienced lawyer to be juggling multiple cases at one time, you want to make sure that the lawyer’s work load is manageable and that he or she is going to be able to dedicate the appropriate amount of time and resources into your case. One tip is see how often you hear from your lawyer (not just a paralegal) about your case.
- Communication: Hire a lawyer who provides consistent and ongoing communication throughout every step of the case. Make sure you meet the lawyer face to face so that he or she is aware of all of your concerns and expectations.
- Lawyer’s Reputation: An attorney’s reputation is critical. Feel free to speak to people who may have used this lawyer in the past. Check with the Florida Bar to see if there are any disciplinary actions against the lawyer. You can even check out their social media and Google Business pages to find reviews from previous clients. In this day and age, conducting your own research will not require a ton of work.
- Comfort Level: You should meet your lawyer on the very first visit (absent a few circumstances) or within days from hiring him or her. You want to be able to ask questions and evaluate the level of comfort you have, to ensure it is the right decision you are making.
If you and your family have been injured in a multi car crash in Florida, keep these important tips in mind while selecting a lawyer.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
Start Your Free Consultation Today
Call us or complete the form below.
We'll keep your information confidential.
Belle Glade Office
By Appointment Only